Aviva Allen's Blog
If you would like to receive email updates with new posts from this blog, subscribe now!
Are You Drinking Enough Water?
The human body is made up of more than seventy percent water. It is beyond question that the benefits of drinking sufficient water each day go far beyond simply quenching thirst.
Water is critical to almost every aspect of a person’s health including regulating body temperature, bringing oxygen to the cells and removing waste from the body. Not drinking enough water on a daily basis can cause headaches, fatigue, dry skin and constipation. Dehydration can also negatively affect blood pressure, circulation, digestion and kidney function.
Here are five tips to help you drink more water:
1. If you are on the go, carry a full water bottle with you at all times.
2. If you are sitting at work, keep a glass of water at your desk and drink throughout the day. Refill often.
3. If you tend to forget to drink water, set an alarm on your watch, computer or hand-held device to remind you to take a drink every half hour.
4. If you don't like the taste of tap water, try adding lemon/lime or drink filtered water. If you enjoy the taste of your water, you will be more likely to drink it.
5. Avoid caffeinated beverages as they will dehydrate you.
Note: Drink the majority of your water between meals - drinking too much liquid with meals will impair your digestion, particularly cold liquids (Sipping room temperature water with meals is okay).