Aviva Allen's Blog
If you would like to receive email updates with new posts from this blog, subscribe now!
Is Your Child Getting Enough Iron?
Iron deficiency is one of the most common nutritional problems in children. Do you know if your child is getting enough?
Those with a higher risk for iron deficiency include:
- Premature babies
- Babies born with a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before the age of one
- Children who drink an excessive amount of milk
- Children with vegetarian/vegan diets
- Children with gastrointestinal disorders such as celiac disease, Crohn's/colitis
- Adolescent girls due to blood loss during menstruation
- Family history of anemia