For 12 Serving(s)
- 1 large ONION, DICED
- 1 Tbsp. EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 3 lbs. BUTTERNUT SQUASH, PEELED AND DICED
- 3 APPLES, PEELED AND DICED
- 6 cups WATER
- 1 + 1/2 tsp. SEA SALT
- 1/2 tsp. GROUND CINNAMON
- 1/4 tsp. GROUND NUTMEG
- 1/4 tsp. GROUND CLOVES
Butternut Squash and Apple Soup Directions
- In a large pot, sauté onion with oil at a medium heat until softened.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Increase temperature to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and boil gently for 15 minutes or until squash and apples are soft.
- Remove pot from heat. Blend soup with immersion hand blender until completely smooth and serve.
Copyright © 2013 AvivaAllen.com. All Rights Reserved.