For 12 Serving(s)
- 1 large ONION, DICED
- 2 Tbsp. EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 2 + 1/2 tsp. SEA SALT
- 1 RED PEPPER, DICED
- 1 GREEN PEPPER, DICED
- 1 large ZUCCHINI, DICED
- 2 large CARROTS, DICED
- 3 Tbsp. CHILI POWDER
- 2, 14 oz. cans UNSALTED KIDNEY BEANS, DRAINED AND RINSED
- 1, 14 oz. can UNSALTED NAVY BEANS, DRAINED AND RINSED
- 1, 14 oz. can UNSALTED CRUSHED TOMATOES
- 1, 28 oz. can UNSALTED DICED TOMATOES
Veggie Chili Directions
- In a large pot, sauté onions with 2 Tbsp. olive oil for about 2 minutes at a medium-high heat.
- Add peppers, carrot, zucchini and 1 Tbsp. of the chili powder and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, salt and remaining 2 Tbsp. of chili powder.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand for another 10 minutes.
* When in season, use 3 1/2 cups peeled and diced fresh tomatoes instead of canned.
Copyright © 2013 AvivaAllen.com. All Rights Reserved.