For 3 people
- 1 cup STEEL CUT OATS
- 2 + 1/4 cups WATER
- 1 APPLE, DICED
- 1/8 tsp. SEA SALT
- 1/2 tsp. GROUND CINNAMON
- 1/4 cup RAISINS
- 1/3 cup RAW ALMOND, TOASTED AND ROUGHLY CHOPPED
- 2 Tbsp. MAPLE SYRUP
Steel Cut Oatmeal Directions
- In a small pot, combine oats and water and SOAK OVERNIGHT, covered.
- In the morning, add chopped apple, sea salt, cinnamon and raisins into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes, stirring often. When oatmeal has thickened, remove from heat.
- Add the toasted almonds and maple syrup and serve.
* Steel cut oats are simply whole oats that are cut in half. They are less processed than your ordinary quick or instant oatmeal and makes a much heartier cereal.
* Soaking the oats increases their digestibility and shortens the cooking time by about half.
Copyright © 2013 AvivaAllen.com. All Rights Reserved.