For 12 Serving(s)
- 8 cups SHREDDED RED CABBAGE (1 small head)
- 2 cups SHREDDED CARROT (approx. 3 large carrots, peeled)
- 1/3 cup RAW PUMPKIN SEEDS, TOASTED**
- 1/2 cup RAISINS
- 1/4 cup FINELY CHOPPED PARSLEY
- 1/3 cup APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- 1/3 cup EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 2 Tbsp. RAW HONEY
- 1 tsp. SEA SALT
Purple Coleslaw Directions
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded cabbage and carrots with the pumpkin seeds, raisins and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Add dressing to large bowl and toss together.
- Refrigerate mixture for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally, then serve.
Notes:* To make this recipe vegan, simply replace the honey with an equal amount of maple syrup.
** Toast pumpkin seeds at 300°F for 8-10 minutes or until slightly browned and puffed up. Listen for the sound of the seeds popping because it doesn't take long for them to go from toasted to burned.
Copyright © 2013 AvivaAllen.com. All Rights Reserved.