For 3 Serving(s)
- 3 cups raw almonds
Toasted Almond Butter Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place almonds on a large baking sheet and toast for approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Place toasted almonds into a large food processor. Process for 2 minutes, then stop and scrape down the sides.
- Continue to process for about 7-12 minutes (depends on how powerful your food processor is). You will notice that the almonds will gradually change from a powder to form a large ball.
- Continue processing and that ball will break down again and begin to resemble a coarse and pasty almond butter.
- Continue processing until the almond butter becomes smooth and moist looking.
- Store your almond butter in a glass jar and refrigerate.
Here are some images of the various stages of the process:
Below you can see the difference in colour between 2 batches that I made. The one on the left was toasted for longer and yielded a richer, more robust flavour. You will, of course, find many shades/flavours in between depending on the length of time the almonds are toasted.
Copyright © 2013 AvivaAllen.com. All Rights Reserved.