For 1 Batch(es)
- 2 cups RAW HAZELNUTS
- 1/4 cup PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- 1/4 cup UNSWEETENED COCONUT MILK
- 6 Tbsp. RAW CACAO POWDER*
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a large baking sheet, toast hazelnuts in the oven until skins are cracked and centre of nut is a golden colour (10-15 minutes).
- Place the nuts on a clean, dry towel. Use the towel to rub the off the loose skins
- In a large food processor, process the hazelnuts for 5-7 minutes or until a hazelnut butter is formed and appears smooth and shiny.
- Add maple syrup, coconut milk and cacao powder and continue processing until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.
* Raw cacao powder is the same as cocoa powder but tends to be less processed and contains more nutrients, including iron, magnesium and antioxidants. If raw cacao powder is unavailable. however, unsweetened cocoa powder can also be used.
Copyright © 2013 AvivaAllen.com. All Rights Reserved.