For 4 Serving(s)
- 1 bunch KALE
- 1 Tbsp. EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1/2 tsp. GARLIC POWDER
- 1/2 tsp. SEA SALT
Kale Chips Directions
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Remove large stems from the kale and discard. Rip kale leaves into large pieces and clean well by placing in water to soak. Remove kale and dry completely using a salad spinner or towel.
- Place kale pieces into a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and using your hands, massage into the kale.
- Spread kale out onto 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper, making sure the pieces do not overlap.
- Place baking sheets into the oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes. Then, turn the oven temperature up to 250°F and continue baking until kale feels dry and crisp.
- Remove from oven and enjoy! Store at room temperature in a sealed container.
* Kale chips can also be made in a dehydrator instead of the oven.
** The kale chips can be baked at a higher oven temperature for a shorter cooking time, but the lower temperature/slower cooking method preserves more nutrients.
Copyright © 2013 AvivaAllen.com. All Rights Reserved.