For 8 Serving(s)
- 3/4 cup SHORT GRAIN BROWN RICE, RINSED
- 2 + 1/2 cups, plus another 1 cup WATER
- 1/4 tsp. SEA SALT
- 3 tsp. PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 CINNAMON STICK
- 1 can UNSWEETED COCONUT MILK (FULL FAT)
- 1 cup UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK
- 6 Tbsp. PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- 1/4 cup RAISINS
- GROUND CINNAMON
Coconut Rice Pudding Directions
- In a medium pot, combine rice, 2+1/2 cups of the water, vanilla, salt and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until water is absorbed (approx. 40 minutes).
- Remove cinnamon stick and add the coconut milk, almond milk, remaining 1 cup of water, maple syrup and raisins. Simmer, uncovered, at a medium-low heat for about 45 minutes. Stir often to release the starch from the rice and thicken the pudding.
- Remove from heat and place mixture into a glass dish.
- Cover dish with a piece of parchment paper and press down onto pudding to prevent a skin from forming.
- Refrigerate until completely cooled. Sprinkle each serving with cinnamon and serve.
Copyright © 2013 AvivaAllen.com. All Rights Reserved.