For 1 Batch(es)
- 1 + 3/4 cups WHOLE SPELT FLOUR
- 1/2 cup CHOPPED WALNUTS
- 1/2 tsp. BAKING SODA
- 1/4 tsp. BAKING POWDER
- 3/4 tsp. SEA SALT
- 1/3 cup EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1/2 cup CHILLED MAPLE SYRUP
- 2 EGGS, BEATEN
- 1 cup MASHED VERY RIPE BANANA (approx. 2 large or 3 small bananas)
Banana Bread Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup and eggs.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and mix well. Using a spatula, fold in the mashed banana.
- Pour batter into a 8 1/2” x 4 1/2“ loaf pan greased with olive oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or when a toothpick is inserted into the centre of the loaf and comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and place on a rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Use a knife to gently release the loaf from the sides of the pan. Remove loaf from pan and place on rack to cool completely.
Copyright © 2013 AvivaAllen.com. All Rights Reserved.