For 12 Serving(s)
- 10 ripe BOSC PEARS, PEELED, CORED AND CUT INTO 1/4g SLICES
- 1 cup PEAR JUICE
- 2 tsp. FINELY GRATED GINGER (2 INCH PIECE)
- 1 tsp. LEMON ZEST
- 1 Tbsp. LEMON JUICE
- 2 Tbsp. PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- 3 Tbsp. BROWN RICE FLOUR
- 3 + 1/2 cups QUICK OATS*
- 2/3 cup EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1/4 cup PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- 1/4 cup WATER
- 1/2 tsp. SEA SALT
- 1/2 tsp. GROUND CINNAMON
- 1/2 tsp. PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
Pear-Ginger Crisp Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss pear slices with remaining ingredients, excluding those listed under "Topping".
- Pour the mixture into a 9” x 13” glass baking dish, lightly greased with olive oil, and spread out evenly.
- To prepare the topping - In another large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, water, sea salt, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over pear mixture.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes. Other signs the crisp is ready include liquid bubbling out the top and a golden brown topping.
- Let crisp cool for about 10 minutes and serve.
* Be sure to purchase certified gluten-free oats if you want to ensure the recipe is completely free of gluten.
** If pear juice is unavailable, it may be substituted with apple juice.
Copyright © 2013 AvivaAllen.com. All Rights Reserved.