Yield: 4-6 servings
Adapted from my good friend Jody Spiegel's Moroccan family recipe that has been passed down through generations. After tasting this delicious dish, I was determined to translate her verbal instructions into a written recipe that other families could replicate at home. Mémé's (Grandma's) Chicken was just too yummy not to share!
For 1 people
- 1/4 cup WATER
- 1/4 cup EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 2.5 lbs. SKINLESS BONELESS CHICKEN THIGHS
- 1 + 1/2 tsp. SEA SALT
- 1/4 tsp. GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- 2-3 large ONIONS, THINLY SLICED
- 2 tsp. TURMERIC POWDER
- 1/3 cup RAISINS
Mémé's Chicken Directions
1. In a large, deep sauté pan (with lid), combine oil and water. Place chicken into the pan and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
2. Spread onions on top of chicken, then sprinkle 1 tsp. of the turmeric over onions.
3. Place pan on stove top, turn heat to high and cover with lid, leaving slightly open to allow steam to escape. Bring to a boil then reduce to a medium-low temperature to simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Remove lid, add remaining 1 tsp. of turmeric and give everything a good stir. Add raisins and cover again with lid slightly open for another 20 minutes.
5. Remove pan from heat, let stand for 5 minutes and serve.
Copyright © 2015 AvivaAllen.com. All Rights Reserved.