For 4 Serving(s)
- 1 + 1/2 cups ROLLED OATS
- 3 cups WATER
- 1 large RIPE BANANA, SLICED
- 1/2 tsp. GROUND CINNAMON
- 1/2 cup PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 cup FRESH BERRIES
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup TOASTED NUTS
- OPTIONAL: PURE MAPLE SYRUP TO TASTE
Berry Easy Oatmeal Directions
- In a small/medium pot, combine oats, water, banana, cinnamon and vanilla. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until oats are cooked and oatmeal has thickened (approximately 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for a few minutes.
- Place oatmeal into bowls and top with fresh berries and optional nuts. If the oatmeal is not sweet enough for you/your kids', add a small amount of maple syrup to taste.
* Add 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil to the oatmeal in step #3 to increase fat content and add more flavour.
** Add 2 Tbsp. of almond butter to the water in step #1 (before cooking) to increase fat, protein and calcium content. This is great option for young children who cannot eat whole nuts yet.
Copyright © 2013 AvivaAllen.com. All Rights Reserved.