For 8 Serving(s)
- 2 Tbsp. EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1 ONION, DICED
- 3 CARROTS, DICED
- 4 stalks CELERY, DICED
- 2 cups RED LENTILS, RINSED
- 6 + 1/2 cups WATER
- 2 tsp. SEA SALT
- 2-3 cups SWISS CHARD, WASHED AND THINLY SLICED
- 1/4 cup CHOPPED FRESH PARSLEY
- 3 Tbsp. LEMON JUICE (1 LEMON)
- GROUND BLACK PEPPER AND/OR CAYENNE TO TASTE
Lemon-Lentil Soup Directions
- In a large pot, sauté onions in the olive oil at a medium-high temperature. When onions are translucent, add celery and carrot and sauté for a few minutes more.
- Add water, lentils and 1 tsp. salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and continue cooking, covered, for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Swiss chard and parsley and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Add pepper and/or cayenne to taste and serve.
Copyright © 2013 AvivaAllen.com. All Rights Reserved.