In my practice as a Kids’ Nutritionist, helping families eliminate mealtime battles is something that I do on a daily basis. A common challe...
- 1 small Butternut squash, peeled, cleaned and cut in 1.5 inch cubes
- 1 large shallot or 1 medium red onion, medium sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 sliced green chilies
- 1/4 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
- 2-3 curry leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin & Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Light sprinkling of salt
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place the Butternut squash cubes with the sliced onions in it. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and toss with your hands. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the squash is cooked through and lightly crunchy on the outside and the onions are caramelized.