For 8 Serving(s)
- 3 Tbsp. EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1 large ONION, DICED
- 1 tsp. GROUND CUMIN
- 1 tsp. GROUND CORIANDER
- 1 tsp. GROUND CINNAMON
- 1 - 14 oz. can UNSALTED CHICKPEAS, DRAINED AND RINSED
- 2 large SWEET POTATOES, PEELED AND LARGE DICED
- 1 large CARROT, PEELED AND SLICED INTO ROUNDS
- 2 stalks CELERY, DICED
- 1/3 cup RAISINS
- 1 - 28 oz. can DICED TOMATO
- 1/2 cup WATER
- 1/3 cup CURED PITTED BLACK OLIVES
- 1/4 tsp. CAYENNE
- SEA SALT TO TASTE
- GARNISH: CHOPPED FRESH PARSLEY
Moroccan Chickpea Stew Directions
- In a large pot, sauté onion in oil at a medium-high heat, until softened.
- Add spices and chickpeas and stir well. Add vegetables and continue sautéing for another 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes (including liquid), water and raisins and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 40 minutes.
- Add olives, cayenne and sea salt to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Copyright © 2013 AvivaAllen.com. All Rights Reserved.