For 2 Serving(s)
- 2 cloves GARLIC
- 1/2 tsp. MUSTARD SEED
- 1/2 tsp. CORIANDER SEED
- Handful of FRESH DILL
- Small CUCUMBERS (Enough to fill the jar)
- 2 Tbsp. SEA SALT*
- WATER (Approx. 2 cups)
Homemade Pickles Directions
- Place garlic, spices and dill into a 1 quart mason jar.
- Stuff as many cucumbers as you can fit into the jar.
- Dissolve salt in 2 cups of water, then pour into jar until cucumbers are completely submerged. Add extra water if needed.
- Close jar (not too tight) and let sit at room temperature for 3 days. After 3 days, remove the lid to let some of the gasses escape**.
*Unrefined sea salt contains less sodium than ordinary table salt or kosher salt, so it is important to use sea salt specifically or you may find your pickles will be too salty.
**Taste the pickles anytime after 3 days. Once they are to your liking, refrigerate to slow the fermentation process.
***Pickles are ready to eat between 3-7 days (3 days for half-sour, 7 days for full sour).
Copyright © 2013 AvivaAllen.com. All Rights Reserved.