For 1 people
- 6 FUJI APPLES, PEELED, CORED AND CUT INTO 1/4g SLICES
- 1 + 1/2 cups CRANBERRIES (FRESH OR FROZEN)
- ZEST AND JUICE OF 1 ORANGE
- 3 Tbsp. PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- 3 Tbsp. BROWN RICE OR QUINOA FLOUR
- 1/2 cup WATER
- 1/4 cup BROWN RICE OR QUINOA FLOUR
- 1 tsp. PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1/2 tsp. GROUND CINNAMON
- 1/4 cup EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 3 cups QUICK OATS*
- 1/2 tsp. SEA SALT
- 1/4 cup PURE MAPLE SYRUP
- 1/2 cup RAW WALNUT HALVES, CHOPPED
Cranberry Apple Crisp Directions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, maple syrup and flour. Add apples and cranberries and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a 9” x 13” glass baking dish, lightly greased with olive oil, and spread out evenly.
- To prepare the topping - In another large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, water and vanilla.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and sea salt and mix well.
- Gently pour the topping evenly over the apples and cranberries.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes. Other signs the crisp is ready include liquid bubbling out the top, tenderness of apples (insert a fork to test) and a golden brown topping.
- Let crisp cool for about 10 minutes and serve.
* Be sure to purchase certified gluten-free oats if you want to ensure the recipe is completely free of gluten.
Copyright © 2013 AvivaAllen.com. All Rights Reserved.